The series is ideal for developing the reading skills of struggling readers at secondary level and above. But more importantly, it is a valuable resource for exploring difficult topics with students whose reading ability often hampers them with PSHE lessons.
- Covering tricky issues such as sex and drugs, the stories all cover the topic in a sensitive and intelligent way, with no explicit language or descriptions in the texts.
- The writing style has proven successful in engaging reluctant readers
- Short stories enabling a topic to be covered in a single 20-minute lesson
- Edgy black-and-white photographic illustrations make the books look age-appropriate
- Questions, discussion points and activities relating to the story included in the back of each book
- Low reading levels but gripping high interest-age stories